Crown Gear 90 Degree Gearbox
Processing, manufacturing, and machine drive systems require reliability and high performance. Providing this level of performance in a right-angle gearbox requires high precision gears as well as quality materials and construction.
Flexibility and quality make Crown Gear right-angle gearboxes an excellent option for low- or high-volume applications as well as those involving steep or varying planes. All units are precision machined, carefully inspected, and come pre-lubricated for a long, maintenance-free operating life. Zero-Max offers a full range of sizes and IP65-Rated Crown Gear Drives, standard from stock.
High-Quality Right Angle Transmission GearboxesCrown Gear right-angle gearboxes from Zero-Max deliver a dependable and economical 90-degree transfer of rotation, speed, and power in an efficient compact design with quiet operation. Our right-angle gearboxes feature high-quality spiral bevel gears mounted to the input and output shafts, precision sealed bearings, stainless-steel shafts, versatile mounting, and maintenance-free operation.
Right-Angle Gearbox Spiral Bevel Gears
The curved teeth of the premium spiral bevel gears improve gear teeth contact for increased torque capacity and reduced vibration and noise at high speeds. A fully enclosed design with fully supported shafts provides a smooth and quiet operating life while ensuring that internal gears don’t get out of alignment or become contaminated by debris.
Crown Gear 90 Degree Gearbox OptionsAll Crown Gear right angle gearboxes feature a cast aluminum housings designed for maximum strength and heat dissipation. Crown Drives are available with shafts of 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4 inch diameter in two-way and three-way units with 1:1 and 2:1 ratios. Three-way units in 1:1 and 2:1 ratios are also available with 1-inch shafts. Three-way units with counter-rotating output shafts are also available. Additionally, we can accommodate unique requirements as well as several unique shaft types, including:
Standard and IP65-Rated Miter Gearbox Speed RatiosStandard and IP65-rated miter gearboxes are available in 1:1 and 2:1 speed ratios with two-way (one output shaft) or three-way (two output shafts) versions. All Crown Right-Angle Gear Drives support speeds up to 2,000 RPM.
- Standard: black anodized aluminum housing, non-magnetic stainless steel shafts
- IP65-Rated: nickel-plated aluminum housing, non-magnetic stainless steel shafts, shaft seals, food-grade grease
Standard Right Angle Crown GearboxesStandard Crown Gear Drives feature black anodized cast aluminum housings, stainless steel shafts, and specially designed hardened spiral bevel gears. All models are permanently lubricated with premium-grade grease and are maintenance-free.
IP65-Rated Right Angle Crown Gearboxes
Differentiating Two-Way, Three-Way, and Counter Rotating GearboxesCrown Gear standard two- and three-way right angle gearboxes feature two or three shafts positioned to create a 90-degree transfer of power transmission. Right angle drives are ideal for applications with limited space and where the driven equipment needs to be in close proximity.
Standard and IP65-rated counter-rotating gearboxes are designed with two output shafts that rotate in opposite directions simultaneously, creating an ideal counterbalance. Counter-rotating 90 degree gearboxes should be used for applications that require additional stability in mechanical drive systems or for offsetting vibrations.
How to Select Your Crown Gear Right Angle Gearbox
Following this process will help you select the appropriate right-angle transmission gearbox for your application.
- Determine your preferred input/output ratio. Standard ratios are 1:1 and 2:1. It is also possible to use a step-up ratio of 1:2 by using shaft #2 as the input shaft on 2:1 units.
- Designate which shafts are to be input and output shafts. This step is crucial to determine that no shaft will turn faster than 2000 RPM. If shaft #2 in the 2:1 ratio models is selected as the input shaft, it can turn at a maximum of 1000 RPM. In the 1:1 ratio models, it makes no difference. However, the choice, in either case, will affect your mounting.
- Choose drive type. Use either a 2-way or 3-way configuration.
- Choose style. Determine if a Standard Model or IP65 Ingress Protection / Nickel-Plated Model is desired.
- Select the correct model number. Select the valid model number; note that units with 3/8 inch shafts have flats, and units with 1/2, 5/8, 3/4 and 1-inch shafts have standard keyways. Also, note that 1-inch shaft models are available in 3-way type only.
- Be confident that the designated output shaft has a torque capacity more significant than your application's load. Be sure to apply the appropriate service factor.
- If your application requires modification of shafts or housings, send a drawing and a description of the application to the factory.
90 Degree Gearbox Advanced Quality Construction & High-Performance FeaturesZero-Max has over 70 years of proven design performance in thousands of applications. Our Crown Gear miter gearboxes provide numerous features and benefits, some of which include:
- Double sealed bearings that hold lubrication in and keep dirt out.
- Precision hardened and ground ball bearings for smooth, quiet, long operating life.
- Non-magnetic stainless-steel shafts that are corrosion resistant and require minimal maintenance.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy housing for maximum strength and heat dissipation. Nickel-Plated housing for corrosion resistance standard in IP65-Rated models.
- Pre-lubricated and maintenance-free operation. Food-Grade grease standard in IP65-Rated models.
- Several standard types and sizes, plus unique shaft options.
- Provides multiple mounting positions, which simplifies design considerations.
Crown Gear 90 Degree Gearbox ApplicationsUse Zero-Max miter gearboxes for any application that demands reliable transfer of speed or power, including:
Contact Zero-Max for Your Crown Gear 90 Degree Gearbox Today
Crown Gear is a brand of Zero-Max, Inc, offering the most dependable transfer of power on the market. For more information on Crown Gear right-angle gearboxes, contact us today or find your local sales representative.
Select an industry or application below to explore the benefits of using Zero-Max Right Angle Gearboxes in your machine design.