Wind Turbine Torque Limiters
Zero-Max’s Torque-Limiters protect wind turbines against peak loads, reverse torques, and grid shorts. This functionality prevents the transmission of excess torque from the generator to the gearbox in the event of grid fault or disturbance and protects both the generator and the gearbox against premature failure. This allows for low voltage grid ride-through capability and helps wind turbine manufacturers meet strict grid code requirements.
The unique design of our Torque-Limiters provides reliable, consistent, and repeatable operation. Shaft-mounted to the generator shaft, our compact, bi-directional wind turbine Torque-Limiters are factory-set to slip at specific torque settings. Designed for consistent and repeatable operation and maximum operational life, our maintenance-free Torque-Limiters feature automatic re-engagement to reset after slip events with no manual intervention.
Used in conjunction with our composite disc wind turbine couplings, our wind turbine Torque-Limiters provide the highest level of protection for modern wind turbine drivetrain requirements and are ideal both for original installations and after-market upgrades/replacements.
Torque-Limiters for Wind Turbines
- Designed to protect both the gearbox and generator from torque overload and damage
- Provides reliable and consistent operation
- Generator shaft-mounted for easy installation
- No adjustment or maintenance required
- Automatic re-engagement to reset after slip events
- Bi-directional functionality with no limitations
- Wide operational temperature range: -40° to 80°C (-40° to 176°F)
- All components meet or exceed C4 high corrosion resistance standards
- Manufactured to ISO 9001:2015 quality standards
- Lower Life Cycle Cost (LCC)
Zero-Max offers solutions for the following Wind Turbines
|Turbine MFG||Turbine Model||Coupling||Torque-Limiter*||NOTE**|
|NEG Micon/ Vestas||NM44/NM48||X|
|NEG Micon/ Vestas||NM52/NM54||X|
|Siemens-Gamesa||G8X/G9X||X||X||GEN2 & GEN3|
|Siemens-Gamesa||G114||X||X||50 Hz Only|
** Replacement Disc-Packs available for other models.
Contact Zero-Max today for wind turbine torque-limiters for your application.