Counter rotating gearboxes have a T-style design with two output shafts on the same axis and one input shaft at 90° from both outputs. Counter-rotating gear drives are unique in that the two output shafts rotate in opposite directions simultaneously, which creates an ideal counter-balance. A wide range of counter rotating gearbox shaft styles are also available, as well as specially designed units to handle most applications.
Contact Zero-Max for Counter Rotating GearboxesCrown Gear is a brand of Zero-Max, Inc, offering the most dependable and reliable transfer of power on the market.
See individual product listings for more information, request a quote, contact us,or find your local sales representative.
Advanced Quality ConstructionCrown Gear’s counter-rotating gearboxes transmit power with quiet, dependable spiral bevel gears. These premium miter speed reducers feature hardened spiral bevel gears and non-magnetic stainless-steel shafts. Our counter balance gearboxes are also compact and feature multiple mounting options. The fully enclosed design ensures that internal gears can’t get out of alignment, jam up or become contaminated by debris.
Additionally, the cast aluminum housing of Crown Gear counter-balance gearboxes is designed for maximum strength and heat dissipation. The drives are available with shafts of 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 and 3/4-inch diameter in both 1:1 and 2:1 ratios. We can quote several unique types of shafts, including:
Counter-Rotating Gearbox Features & Benefits
There are numerous features and benefits associated with Zero-Max’s counter rotating gear drives, some of which include:
- Crown Gear features double sealed bearings that hold lubrication in and keeps dirt out.
- Precision hardened and ground ball bearings for smooth, quiet, long operating life.
- Non-magnetic stainless-steel shafts are corrosion resistant and require minimal maintenance.
- Aluminum alloy housing which is light weight for maximum strength and heat dissipation.
- Many standard types and sizes, plus special shafts. Get the exact model that fits your application needs.
- Multiple mounting positions which simplifies design considerations.
- Proven design in thousands of applications for over 40 years.
Counter Rotating Gearbox Applications
Crown Gear 90-degree gearmotors are used throughout dozens of industries in hundreds of applications. Any use that demands reliable transfer of speed or power, you could find a right-angle gearbox bearing the Crown Gear brand. Some of the possible applications of the Crown Gear right angle gearbox include:
- Blowers & fans
- Foundry machines
- Speed controls
- Woodworking machines
- Plastics machines
- Photographic processing machines
- Register controls
- Chemical mixers
- Test equipment
- And many more