Crown Gear Right Angle Gearbox
Crown Gear’s bevel gearboxes are designed for dependable, economical transfer of speed or power. These premium 90° gear reducers are compact and feature efficient, quiet operating spiral bevel gears. Crown Gear 90 degree speed reducers are available in 1:1 and 2:1 speed ratios with available two or three-way versions. A wide range of miter gearbox shaft styles are also available, as well as specially designed units to handle most applications.
Premium Spiral Bevel Gearboxes
Crown Gear sets the standard for 1:1 and 2:1 spiral bevel gear drives. Every component is precision machined, inspected and then carefully assembled. These right angle gearboxes are quiet in operation due to the special care taken in manufacturing and assembly. In addition, our 90° miter gearboxes are compact, reliable spiral bevel gear drives that are precisely designed for a dependable, economical transfer of speed or power.
Advanced Quality ConstructionCrown Gear’s two and three-way 90 degree bevel gearboxes transmit power with quiet, dependable spiral bevel gears. These premium miter speed reducers feature hardened spiral bevel gears and non-magnetic stainless steel shafts. Another beneficial quality of our 90 degree gearmotors is that they are compact and feature multiple mounting options. The fully enclosed design ensures that internal gears can’t get out of alignment, jam up or become contaminated by debris.
Additionally, the cast aluminum housing of our right angle gearboxes are designed for maximum strength and heat dissipation. The drives are available with shafts of 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 and 3/4 inch diameter in two and three-way units with both 1:1 and 2:1 ratios. Three-way units in 1:1 and 2:1 ratios are available with 1 inch shafts. We can quote several unique types of shafts, including:
Right Angle Gearbox Selection ProcessThere is a standard process that should be considered before selecting the bevel gearbox that is correct for your specific application. This process goes as follows:
- Determine your preferred input/output ratio – Standard ratios are 1:1 and 2:1. It is also possible to use a step-up ratio of 1:2 by using shaft #2 as the input shaft.
- Designate which shafts are to be the input and output shafts – This step is especially important in making sure that no shaft will turn faster than 2000 RPM. If shaft #2 in the 2:1 ratio models is selected as the input shaft, it can turn at a maximum of 1000 RPM. In the 1:1 ratio models it makes no difference. However, the choice in either case will affect your mounting.
- Designated output shaft - The designated output shaft must have a torque capacity greater than your application load.
- Choose drive type – Choose either a 2-way or 3-way configuration.
- Select the correct model number – Select the correct model number that corresponds with your chosen drive type.
- Modifications of shafts and housing – If modifications of the shafts and/or housings are required, then please send us a drawing and description of the application.
Right Angle Gearbox OptionsWe carry three unique varieties of 90° reducers to service all types of applications. Our miter gearbox options include the following:
Right Angle Gearbox Features & BenefitsThere are numerous features and benefits associated with Zero-Max’s Crown Gear 90° gear drives, some of which include:
- Crown Gear features double sealed bearings that hold lubrication in and keeps dirt out.
- Precision hardened and ground ball bearings for smooth, quiet, long operating life.
- Non-magnetic stainless steel shafts are corrosion resistant and require minimal maintenance.
- Aluminum alloy housing which is light weight for maximum strength and heat dissipation.
- Many standard types and sizes, plus special shafts. Get the exact model that fits your application needs.
- Multiple mounting positions which simplifies design considerations.
- Proven design in thousands of applications for over 40 years.
Bevel Gearbox ApplicationsCrown Gear 90 degree gearmotors are used throughout dozens of industries in hundreds of applications. Any use that demands reliable transfer of speed or power, you could find a right angle gearbox bearing the Crown Gear brand. Just some of the possible applications of the Crown Gear right angle gearbox include:
- Blowers & fans
- Unloaders & unscramblers
- Bottle capping
- Electroplating machinery
- Folding machines
- Food processing equipment
- Transfer machines
- Chemical mixers
- Recording equipment
- And many more
Contact Zero-Max Today
Crown Gear is a brand of Zero-Max, Inc, offering the most dependable and reliable transfer of power on the market. For more information on Crown Gear right angle gearboxes, contact us today or find your local sales representative.