Crown Gear Right Angle Gearbox
Processing equipment, manufacturing equipment, and machine drive systems require reliable, high-power performance. Providing this level of performance in a right-angle transmission gearbox requires high precision gears as well as quality materials and construction. These high-performance gears are mounted to input and output shafts positioned at 90-degree angles, allowing the gearbox to intersect with a plane or cross on two parallel planes.
High-Quality Right Angle Transmission Gearboxes
Crown Gear is a brand of right-angle gear drive boxes manufactured by Zero-Max designed for dependable, economical transfer of speed or power. Our premium 90° gear reducers are compact and feature efficient, quiet operating spiral bevel gears.
Spiral bevel gears have curved teeth to improve contact and reduce the amount of vibration and noise generated when the gear moves at high speeds. The flexibility and enhanced traction of this design also makes spiral bevel gearboxes an excellent option for high-volume applications and those involving steep or varying planes.
Zero-Max’s Crown Gear right angle transmission gearboxes are available in 1:1 and 2:1 speed ratio with two-way (one output shaft) or three-way (two output shafts) versions. A wide range of miter gearbox shaft styles are also available, as well as specially designed units to handle most applications.
Premium Spiral Bevel Gearboxes
Crown Gear sets the standard for 1:1 and 2:1 spiral bevel gear drives. Every component is precision machined, inspected and then carefully assembled. These right angle gear driveboxes are quiet in operation due to the special care taken in manufacturing and assembly. Our 90° miter gearboxes are compact and reliable spiral bevel gear drives precisely designed for a dependable, economical transfer of speed or power.
Advanced Quality ConstructionCrown Gear’s two-way and three-way 90-degree bevel gearboxes transmit power with quiet, dependable spiral bevel gears. These premium miter speed reducers feature hardened spiral bevel gears and non-magnetic stainless-steel shafts. Another beneficial quality of our 90-degree gearmotors is that they are compact and feature multiple mounting options. The fully enclosed design provides maintenance-free operation while ensuring that internal gears can’t get out of alignment, jam up or become contaminated by debris.
The cast aluminum housing of our right angle drive gearboxes is designed for maximum strength and heat dissipation. Drives are available with shafts of 3/8, 1/2, 5/8 and 3/4 inch diameter in two-way and three-way units with both 1:1 and 2:1 ratio. Three-way units in 1:1 and 2:1 ratio are available with 1-inch shafts. Three-way units with counter-rotating output shafts are also available. Additionally, we can quote several unique types of shafts, including:
There is a standard process that should be considered before selecting the 90-degree spiral bevel gearbox that is correct for your specific application.
Right Angle Gearbox Selection Process
- Determine your preferred input/output ratio – Standard ratios are 1:1 and 2:1. It is also possible to use a step-up ratio of 1:2 by using shaft #2 as the input shaft.
- Designate which shafts are to be the input and output shafts – This step is especially important in making sure that no shaft will turn faster than 2,000 RPM. If shaft #2 in the 2:1 ratio models is selected as the input shaft, it can turn at a maximum of 1000 RPM. In the 1:1 ratio models it makes no difference. However, the choice, in either case, will affect your mounting.
- Designated output shaft - The designated output shaft(s) must have a torque capacity greater than your application load. Review catalog for torque ratings.
- Choose drive type – Choose either a 2-way or 3-way configuration.
- Select the correct model number – Select the correct model number that corresponds with your chosen drive type.
- Modifications of shafts and housing – If modifications of the shafts and/or housing are required, please contact us with a drawing and description of the application.
We carry three unique varieties of 90° reducers to service all types of applications. Our miter gearbox options include the following:
Right Angle Gearbox Options
Right Angle Gearbox Features & BenefitsZero-Max’s Crown Gear 90° gear drives provide numerous features and benefits, some of which include:
- Double sealed bearings that hold lubrication in and keep dirt out.
- Precision hardened and ground ball bearings for smooth, quiet, long operating life.
- Non-magnetic stainless steel shafts that are corrosion resistant and require minimal maintenance.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy housing for maximum strength and heat dissipation.
- Get the exact model that fits your application needs with an option of several standard types and sizes, plus special shafts options.
- Multiple mounting positions, which simplifies design considerations.
- Over 40 years of proven design performance in thousands of applications.
Use right angle transmission gearboxes for any application that demands reliable transfer of speed or power. Crown Gear 90-degree gearmotors are used throughout dozens of industries and in thousands of applications, including:
Right Angle Gearbox Applications
- Blowers & Fans
- Unloaders & Unscramblers
- Bottle Capping
- Electroplating Machinery
- Folding Machines
- Food Processing Equipment
- Transfer Machines
- Chemical Mixers
- Recording Equipment
- And Many More…