Crown Gear Right Angle Gearbox
Processing equipment, manufacturing equipment, and machine drive systems require reliable, high-power performance. Providing this level of performance in a right-angle transmission gearbox requires high precision gears and quality materials and construction.
High-Quality Right Angle Transmission Gearboxes
Crown Gear right-angle gearboxes from Zero-Max deliver dependable, economical transfer of speed and power in an efficient compact design with quiet operation. Our right-angle transmission gearboxes feature spiral bevel gears mounted to the input and output shafts positioned at 90-degree angles, allowing the gearbox to intersect with a plane or cross on two parallel planes.
The curved teeth of the premium spiral bevel gears improve contact and reduce vibration and noise at high speeds. A fully enclosed design provides maintenance-free operation while ensuring that internal gears can’t get out of alignment, jam up, or become contaminated by debris.
Standard and IP65-rated miter gearboxes are available in 1:1 and 2:1 speed ratios with two-way (one output shaft) or three-way (two output shafts) versions.
- Standard: black anodized aluminum housing, non-magnetic stainless steel shafts
- IP65-Rated: nickel-plated aluminum housing, non-magnetic stainless steel shafts, shaft seals, food-grade grease
Advanced Quality Construction & High-Performance FeaturesZero-Max has over 70 years of proven design performance in thousands of applications. Our Crown Gear miter gearboxes provide numerous features and benefits, some of which include:
- Double sealed bearings that hold lubrication in and keep dirt out.
- Precision hardened and ground ball bearings for smooth, quiet, long operating life.
- Non-magnetic stainless steel shafts that are corrosion resistant and require minimal maintenance.
- Lightweight aluminum alloy housing for maximum strength and heat dissipation. Nickel-Plated housing for corrosion resistance standard in IP65-Rated models.
- Pre-lubricated and maintenance-free operation. Food-Grade grease standard in IP65-Rated models.
- Several standard types and sizes, plus special shaft options.
- Provides multiple mounting positions, which simplifies design considerations.
All Crown Gear right angle gearboxes feature a cast aluminum housing designed for maximum strength and heat dissipation. Drives are available with shafts of 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, and 3/4 inch diameter in two-way and three-way units with both 1:1 and 2:1 ratio. Three-way units in 1:1 and 2:1 ratio are also available with 1-inch shafts. Three-way units with counter-rotating output shafts are also available. Additionally, we can accommodate unique requirements as well as several special types of shafts, including:
Crown Gear Right Angle Gearbox Options
Standard Right Angle Crown GearboxesFeature black anodized cast aluminum housings, stainless steel shafts, and specially designed hardened spiral bevel gears. All models are permanently lubricated with premium-grade grease and are maintenance-free.
Two-Way Right Angle Gearbox
Three-Way Right Angle Gearbox
IP65-Rated Right Angle Crown GearboxesFeature nickel-plated cast aluminum housings, stainless steel shafts, shaft seals and specially designed hardened spiral bevel gears. These units have been certified with the IP65 rating from an independent laboratory and are ideal for applications in the food industry or those requiring frequent washdowns. All models are permanently lubricated with a premium H1 rated food-grade grease and are maintenance-free.
IP-65 Rated Two-Way Gearbox
IP-65 Rated Three-Way Gearbox
IP-65 Rated Counter Rotating Gearbox
Following this process will help you select the appropriate right-angle transmission gearbox for your application.
How to Select Your Right Angle Transmission Gearbox
- Determine your preferred input/output ratio. Standard ratios are 1:1 and 2:1. It is also possible to use a step-up ratio of 1:2 by using shaft #2 as the input shaft on 2:1 units.
- Designate which shafts are to be input and output shafts. This step is crucial to determine that no shaft will turn faster than 2000 RPM. If shaft #2 in the 2:1 ratio models is selected as the input shaft, it can turn at a maximum of 1000 RPM. In the 1:1 ratio models, it makes no difference. However, the choice, in either case, will affect your mounting.
- Choose drive type. Use either 2-way or 3-way configuration.
- Choose style. Determine if a Standard Model or IP65 Ingress Protection / Nickel-Plated Model is desired.
- Select the correct model number. Select the correct model number; note that units with 3/8 inch shafts have flats and units with 1/2, 5/8, 3/4 and 1 inch shafts have standard keyways. Also note that 1 inch shaft models are available in 3-way type only.
- Be certain that the designated output shaft has a torque capacity greater than your application's load. Be sure to apply the appropriate service factor.
- If your application requires modification of shafts and/or housings. Send a drawing and a description of the application to the factory.
Crown Gear Right Angle Gearbox ApplicationsUse Zero-Max miter gearboxes for any application that demands reliable transfer of speed or power, including:
- Food Processing Equipment
- Blowers & Fans
- Unloaders & Unscramblers
- Bottle Capping
- Electroplating Machinery
- Folding Machines
- Conveying and Transfer Machines
- Chemical Mixers
- Power Transmission Equipment
- And Many More…
Contact Zero-Max for Crown Gear Right Angle GearboxesCrown Gear is a brand of Zero-Max, Inc, offering the most dependable transfer of power on the market. For more information on Crown Gear right-angle gearboxes, contact us today or find your local sales representative.
Select an industry or application below to explore the benefits of using Zero-Max Right Angle Gearboxes in your machine design.